Austria/CEE: Schoenherr ranked top in Austrian M&A market for the ninth year in a row
10 January 2017
Schoenherr has maintained its position as top legal advisor in the Austrian Mergermarket M&A league tables for the ninth consecutive year. Mergermarket is a leading business intelligence provider, and based on the comprehensive deal data that Mergermarket assembled throughout 2016, Schoenherr's M&A practice is No 1 in terms of the number of qualifying M&A transactions in Austria. With 20 Austria-related deals worth a combined EUR 3.658bln credited on the basis of the Mergermarket criteria, Schoenherr outshone the other 134 law firms in the ranking.
In CEE, Schoenherr was also ranked as the best Austrian-based law firm in the Mergermarket league tables. Having advised on 22 CEE-transactions, Schoenherr's 2016 stellar performance is highlighted among the over 230 law firms listed in the league tables.
"For the ninth year consecutively, Schoenherr has maintained its top position in the Austrian M&A market", commented Alexander Popp, Schoenherr partner and head of the corporate/m&a practice group. He went on to say "we are thrilled that our success extends beyond our home market. By advising on key transactions in CEE, Schoenherr has showcased its expertise as a truly regional law firm."
Leading M&A advisor in Austria & CEE
Schoenherr advised on a number of high profile M&A transactions in Austria and the CEE in 2016, including:
- Advising major shareholder Adler Real Estate on the sale of its 26 % stake in listed conwert Immobilien Invest to Vonovia (EUR 743 million);
- Supporting HETA on the sale of its Italian bank to Bain Capital Credit (EUR 657 million, gross value of portfolio);
- Advising Japanese paint manufacturer Kansai Paint on the acquisition of Helios Group from Ring International Holding (EUR 572 million);
- Advising EQT on the sale of Austrian Automic Software to CA Technologies USA (EUR 600 million);
- Assisting UNIQA on the sale of its Italian insurance companies to Società Reale Mutua di Assicurazioni (EUR 295 million);
- Advising O1 Group and Terim on the sale of their 26 % stake in listed CA Immobilien Anlagen to Immofinanz (EUR 604 million);
- Advising French telecoms company Orange on the acquisition of Moldovan Sun Communications;
- Advising the shareholders of the Romanian dairy manufacturer Albalact on the sale of Albalact to French Groupe Lactalis;
- Advising Rewe on the acquisition of 25 store branches from Zielpunkt; and
- Advising Vienna Insurance Group on the acquisition of French insurer AXA's Serbian and Romanian companies.