"Schoenherr delivers 'the highest standard of work', and is able to deal with 'complicated, specialised questions'." Legal 500
Schoenherr’s Austrian tax practice advises domestic and international clients on their most sophisticated and challenging tax matters. Considering the importance of tax aspects in the success of a transaction, our tax team seamlessly works together with the other Schoenherr practice groups, in particular the corporate/M&A, and banking & capital markets groups. For transactional advice, our tax team is involved from the outset through to post-transaction tax planning. In addition, the team also renders standalone tax planning advice. Through detailed analysis of the client's business, it provides tailor-made tax solutions that fit the client’s particular needs.
- transactional tax advice, in particular in the m&a area
- corporate restructurings
- international tax planning
- financing transactions, capital markets and structured products
- investment funds
- succession and estate planning for high net worth individuals
- tax litigation
In Romania, Schoenherr’s Bucharest office (Schoenherr si Asociatii SCA) has expanded its practice areas to include tax advisory services by launching Schoenherr Tax Bucharest, which operates as a separate legal entity affiliated to the law firm. Schoenherr Romania’s Tax practice draws on the expertise of a team of tax experts who previously worked together in the Bucharest office of the same Big Four accountancy firm, before linking up with Schoenherr to form Schoenherr Tax Bucharest as a spin-off. Schoenherr Tax Bucharest provides clients with integrated services covering both legal and tax aspects, as well as with specialised high-end tax advisory services in a variety of fields.
- business restructuring (m&a)
- international tax structuring
- supply chain optimisation
- transfer pricing
- reviews of tax codings and tax processes
- tax reviews and transaction due diligence projects
- planning and managing international assignments of employees'
- assistance in securing tax rulings
- assistance during tax audits and tax dispute resolution