As one of the leading law firms with 15 offices in Central and Eastern Europe, Schoenherr advises clients in the full spectrum of commercial law matters.
Launched in 2004 and growing ever since, Schoenherr's Sofia office has established itself as a major player in the legal market. The law firm has one of the most prominent EU & Competition legal teams, advising clients from across all industries in merger control, antitrust, state aid matters, unfair competition and day-to-day compliance challenges at European and national levels throughout the firm's comprehensive network in the CEE region and its office in Brussels. Schoenherr's team has been recognised as one of the factors on the Bulgarian legal market by leading independent legal directories as Chambers and The Legal 500.
As part of our national and international teams, you will work with the most renowned lawyers in the industry. Quality, flexibility, innovation and practical solutions for complex assignments in the business sector are at the core of Schoenherr's philosophy. Become part of our energetic and motivated team in Sofia and contribute to shaping our success.
Main responsibilities of this position:
- lead on competition law mandates
- support our Bulgarian and international competition and transaction teams in all competition law matters
- preparation of notifications and filings and representation before the Commission for Protection of Competition and the administrative courts, mainly in antitrust and merger control proceedings
- input on transactions structuring
- assessment of advertising campaigns from unfair competition perspective
- compliance advice
- clients' trainings
- assistance to clients in dawn raids
- analysis of existing Bulgarian and EU legislation and case law (legal research), updates on legal changes, contribution to newsletters, publications
- contact with and representation before public authorities and bodies
- other ad-hoc activities
Who we are looking for and what we expect:
- master degree in law
- studies abroad and/or international LLM is an advantage
- 5+ years' experience in providing competition law advice and representing clients before the Commission for Protection of Competition in antitrust and unfair competition cases, and merger filings
- experience before other state regulators and administrative courts is an advantage
- proficiency in English (fluent written and spoken professional use)
- responsibility and independence in carrying out the assigned tasks
- excellent analytical, logical thinking, communication and writing skills, as well as problem solving attitude
- efficient work manner, ability to meet ambitious deadlines
- teamwork skills and "can do" attitude
What we offer:
- competitive remuneration
- structured career path based on your performance
- work for prominent clients on challenging legal matters
- comprehensive internal training system and regular international practice groups meetings and trainings
- access to pioneer legal tech to automate processes and increase efficiency of the services provided to our clients
- excellent working atmosphere in a young, high-spirited and professional team
- flexible working conditions (home office)
- working in an office in the heart of Sofia
Please send your CV, letter/cover email of motivation and reference letters (if available) in English with reference to the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be processed in strict confidentiality. By sending an application to Schoenherr (Employer, Data Administrator), you agree that the Employer/Data Administrator will process your personal data included in the recruitment application in accordance with the applicable data protection legal framework in order to carry out the recruitment for the position indicated in the announcement.