Schoenherr advises distressed borrowers, lenders, potential investors and foreign insolvency administrators on all matters relating to insolvency law.
The team has acted for a number of Austrian banks, advising on proceedings under the European Union's Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive. In addition, in recent years the team has built a strong track record of advising investors on the acquisition of distressed businesses out of insolvency.
Schoenherr is also permanent counsel to international banking associations in connection with close-out netting issues.
- pre-insolvency reorganisations and refinancings
- advising management of distressed companies
- protection of creditors' rights in pre-insolvency and insolvency situations
- distressed transactions, including acquisition of distressed companies and out of insolvency proceedings
- representation in insolvency proceedings
- insolvency-related litigation, in particular claw-back litigation
- risk assessment for lenders
- structuring transactions to be insolvency-remote
- close-out netting