Debt restructuring, recapitalisations, distressed transactions and NPL-deals - no matter what crisis or special situation, we have a team of experienced lawyers to guide you right through.
The Special Situations team advises a broad range of clients, including commercial and investment banks and other financial institutions, asset managers, private equity, venture capital, hedge, debt and distressed funds, ad hoc groups of creditors, agents to syndicates, trustees, insolvency practitioners, sponsors, potential investors and sellers of performing and non-performing assets and portfolios.
- acquisition and disposition of performing and non-performing assets and portfolios
- contingency planning for both lenders and debtors, incl. financial difficulties and turnaround management
- debt restructuring, incl. syndicated lending and bonds restructuring
- distressed asset management
- distressed equity and debt investment, including distressed/emergency financing
- enforcement/exit strategies for distressed debt investors
- high-yield debt trading
- refinancing and recapitalisation, incl. debt buybacks, debt-for-debt and debt-for-equity swaps
- risk-assessment and risk-management for stakeholders in distressed situations
- structuring of distressed transactions and investment for buy/investment-side or sell-side, including addressing potential clawback risks and other risks under insolvency law