At Schoenherr we are experienced in providing compliance advice in various industries. We conduct risk analyses of the respective corporate areas and pro-vide support with the implementation of individual, tailor-made compliance programmes, including preventative measures, handling of compliance issues as well as remediating such issues by adapting the compliance systems.
We advise clients on technology solutions to help them run effective programmes (including our own App) and take administrative burdens off the shoulders of compliance teams. We assist clients in complying with obligations under relevant EU directives (such as the whistleblowing directive) and corresponding national laws.
Should violations of compliance rules be investigated, we offer solutions tailored to the issue at stake and the industry concerned. We have significant experience in investigating all corporate crimes, violations of anti-trust rules, confidential information leaks, tax evasion and breach of legal duties.
Over the past few years we have conducted (internal) investigations in the following sectors: financial services, healthcare & life sciences, manufacturing, construction, and oil & gas.
- designing compliance management systems, including guidelines, codes of ethics, work instructions, class-room trainings, certifications and documentation
- assisting in the introduction and operation of whistleblowing hotlines
- auditing and keeping compliance management systems up-to-date and responsive to actual business risks
- technical tools and smartphone application to assist in the running of a compliance management system.
- planning and execution of internal investigations, including forging amnesty programmes to help with the gathering of information.
- advising on next steps based on the results of an investigation, including internal disciplinary measures, possible external reporting and remediation.
- assisting with communication and PR, both internally and externally
- asset recovery, enforcement of receivables and damage claims, as well as defence before courts and authorities.